Mac App Store is Coming Soon

// February 12, 2021

Apple announced a few weeks ago at the “Back to Mac” event that there will be a new Mac App Store, bringing some things from the iPad and iPhone, back to the Mac. Apple started accepting submissions from developers a few days ago and the store is scheduled to open for users on January 28, 2011. The Mac App Store will be modeled after the current App Store for the iPhone and iPad, the new App Store for the Mac will have basically the same UI as the current App Store . Also, developers will receive 70 percent of revenues and the remaining 30 percent goes to Apple, the same as with the current model. This should simply the way users will get apps on a Mac and could potentially increase Mac sales, if the Mac App Store is a success. As Apple indicates on their Mac App Store page, users will be able to install Mac apps on every Mac you use and even download them again. This is especially convenient when you buy a new Mac and want to load it with apps you already own. Users will also be able to purchase iWork apps individually, instead of having to purchase the bundle. It looks like the going price for the iWork apps will be $19.99 each and the bundle is currently $79.99

Originally posted 2010-11-10 22:16:33.


Leave a Reply