iBooks 1.1 Update is Available for the iPad
iPad users can go to the Apple App Store on their iPad and update the iBooks app (also available on iPhone or iPod with iOS 4). There are several new features added with the 1.1 update.
Here are the new features:
• Open and read PDF documents from Mail. PDF documents will be added to your library and appear on the PDF bookshelf. You can even search PDFs for words or phrases and bookmark your favorite pages.
• Take advantage of new ways to bookmark. In addition to highlighting a word or a passage, you can now also add notes or bookmark an entire page with the new page ribbon.
• Keep your bookmarks, notes, and your current page wirelessly in sync between iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with the new automatic bookmark syncing feature.
• See your book pages in a new font, called Georgia.
• Read your books on white or sepia colored pages.
• Choose left or fully justified text layout from Settings.
• Read pages with greater ease by increasing to even larger font sizes.
• Enjoy greater stability and better performance.
Here is a video illustrating some of the new iBooks features on the iPad.
Originally posted 2010-06-21 23:03:31.