How to Setup & Sync a Hotmail Account on an iPhone
Adding a Hotmail/Outlook Account is very similar to other email adding option available on your iPad or iPhone 6. Just follow these simple steps below to avoid Hotmail Email problems:
- Go to settings and tap on “Mails, Contacts, Calendar”.
- From the list of options, tap on “Add Account”.
- You should be able to see different names and service providers of the email. You may not exactly find anything like Hotmail there. Therefore, tap on “Outlook.com” to proceed further from there. You can choose other options too for setting up your Hotmail account, then again, you will need server information to complete the whole process.
- Next, you will be asked to fill in your email address and password. Make sure you enter your full email address,
- Example: [email protected].
- In the description field, type in something unique and relevant to your Hotmail address so that you can identify it later easily whenever you get an email.
- In this step, if you have correctly entered your credentials, you are almost all set to go. Just hit the next button and slide enable when you get a new screen where the “Contacts” will be shown disabled.
- Finally, if you get a screen asking about existing contacts, then choose “Keep on My “iPad or iPhone”.
- Log into your outlook account, if you’re having troubles with Syncing
- You can pick what you want to Sync. Pick Mail, Contacts, Calendars and other Reminders.