How to Setup Email on iPhone
One of the very initial setups anyone would do with their iPhone would be setting up the email account. After all, iPhone 6 is one of the best Smartphones in the world to keep you connected with your friends, family and co-workers; so, setting up your email account in the first place is quite important. Nonetheless, old users definitely know how to set up email on iPhone, but those who don’t know can learn it right here!
Just follow these simple steps and you are ready to go:
- Go to your settings menu.
- From your setting menu find (Mail, Contacts, Calendar) and tap on it.
- Now, tap on “Add Account” that you should be able to see in the new screen.
- There will be a list of email providers’ name from which you can choose any one of them. However, if you don’t see the provider that you are looking for, then select “others” and from there tap on “Add Mail Account”.
- Usually, if you have found your provider in step 4, then the settings will automatically take place and you don’t have to do anything. But, if you are adding up a mail account, then proceed further to the steps below.
- Go to my email settings and fill up the information required. You will be asked to fill up “My email address” and “My email provider”.
- Now, you to have set up the incoming mail server settings by filling up Account type (POP3 or IMAP), incoming mail server, user name, password, incoming server port number, and incoming server supports SSL? (Yes/No)
- Next, you have to set up the outgoing mail server settings by filling up outgoing mail server, user name, password, outgoing server port, and outgoing server supports SSL? (Yes/No)
POP3 Email setting works best if you’re using email on one single desktop computer. IMAP E-mail setting is designed to sync for multiple tablets, computers and smart phones. So you’ll be able to delete a copy of the email from the iPhone, and have that being deleted from inbox on the computer too.
Look at Apple Email Setting Lookup if the table doesn’t have the iPhone setting.
|Service Providers||Incoming Server (imap)||Outgoing Server (SMTP)||imap Port||SMTP Port|
|Google G-Mail||imap.gmail.com||smtp.gmail.com||993||Port: 587|
Port for SSL: 465
|Yahoo Mail||imap.mail.yahoo.com||smtp.mail.yahoo.com||993||465 or 587|
|iCloud: Mail server||imap.mail.me.com||smtp.mail.me.com||993||587|
|Outlook(Mircosoft)||imap-mail.outlook.com||smtp-mail.outlook.com||993||587 or 25|
|Hotmail||imap-mail.outlook.com||smtp.live.com||995||587 or 25|
|AOL||imap.aol.com||smtp.aol.com||995||587 or 465|
All the information required in steps 6 to 8 will be provided by your email service provider. So, do contact them and take their assistance while you set up an email account on your iPhone.
From the above steps, please note that not all the steps are required to follow, especially from 6 to 9 if you are not adding any other email service provider which is not listed on your iPhone. Check out Cannot send iPhone Email Help if you have troubleshoot problems.