How to Fix Cannot Get Mail on Gmail for iPhone & iPad
Recently I have been getting error on my Gmail with the message Cannot Get Mail on my iPhone 6. This error indicate that “The user name or password for imap.gmail.com is incorrect. Even with the correct setting for my E-mail and password the message kept popping up and my Gmail stop receiving mail. This problem can happen after you update your iOS from 8.0 to iOS 9.0.
To Fix Gmail Problem like(the mail server “imap.gmail.com” is not responding) on iPhone/iPad follow this – how To guide below
1) Check did you have the right setting/port at: Apple Email Setting Lookup
2) Goto Gmail Setting -> Forwarding and POP/IMAP and turn on IMAP (IMAP if you want to run same E-mail Address on multiple Apple Devices like iPad & iPhone)
3) Close and log all of the app with your Gmail signed in. This include the one on computer and tablet.
4) Go to https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha with the iPhone/iPad
Watch this video for video instructions on setting up Gmail Correctly
5) Enter your Gmail account/password and press the continue button.
6)If the above instruction doesn’t fix the problem, You might need to setup Application-specific password or check iPhone cant send/Receive Email for more help.
Other Gmail Problems:
5 thoughts on “How to Fix Cannot Get Mail on Gmail for iPhone & iPad”
How do I un disable an iPad that’s disabled but can’t see the screen
Just updated to iOS 9 and start having email problems. Tried your solution and yes it worked. THanks for the help man!
It solved by creating an App-Password
it happened on account of my 2-step security settings as well as for iPhone Mail I should create an App-Password
This is what I did to solve my gmail problem
1. While in the settings of the gmail visit Account and Import and click on other Google Account Settings
2. Click on the Security tab at the summit and then throughout the page check out Account Permissions
3. Click on the the vista all link near to Apps and Websites then click on the manage passwords link
4. If you already were built with a password to the mail app on your own ios device revoke it then are generate a replacement and leave the page using the 16 long code open
5. Then head to your mail settings on your gmail and where it says password go into the password displayed on your own computer or any other device and you ought to now be capable to access your email again.
how to recover deleted contacts from i phone 5s