How to Fix Cannot Get Mail on Gmail for iPhone & iPad
Recently I have been getting error on my Gmail with the message Cannot Get Mail on my iPhone 6. This error indicate that “The user name or password for imap.gmail.com is incorrect. Even with the correct setting for my E-mail and password the message kept popping up and my Gmail stop receiving mail. This problem can happen after you update your iOS from 8.0 to iOS 9.0.
To Fix Gmail Problem like(the mail server “imap.gmail.com” is not responding) on iPhone/iPad follow this – how To guide below
1) Check did you have the right setting/port at: Apple Email Setting Lookup
2) Goto Gmail Setting -> Forwarding and POP/IMAP and turn on IMAP (IMAP if you want to run same E-mail Address on multiple Apple Devices like iPad & iPhone)
3) Close and log all of the app with your Gmail signed in. This include the one on computer and tablet.
4) Go to https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha with the iPhone/iPad
Watch this video for video instructions on setting up Gmail Correctly
5) Enter your Gmail account/password and press the continue button.
Other Gmail Problems: