Fix Mail App Not Working on iPhone 7 – Not Receiving Emails or Sending Emails
One of the great benefits of iPhone 7 Plus and iPad Pro is that you can always be connected with everyone anywhere you are. Whether you want to send a text message, have chats using social media or sending friendly or business emails, your iPhone 7 can be your ultimate device to communicate anyone in the world.
It can be infuriating if the Mail app suddenly stops working(Sending or Receiving Emails on Gmails/Outlook/Yahoo) and you do not know what is wrong with it after updating to iOS 10.0. Since the Mail app is essential for your work, it is important to fix it as soon as you can. If you are facing this problem right now, there is no need to worry anymore as this guide will show you possible solutions on how to fix Mail app not working problem on iPhone 7 Plus and iPad Pro.
How to Fix Mail App Not Working on iPhone and iPad
Here are the possible solutions that you can perform to solve the Mail app problem. Before you proceed, make sure that your iPhone 7 Plus or iPad is connected to the internet. Your iDevice cannot send or receive emails if there is no active connection. Make sure that you are connected to Wi-Fi network or to your cellular network. Make sure Mail setting is turn on.
Make sure that Airplane Mode is disabled. Airplane Mode is for temporarily blocking the connections to both Wi-Fi and cellular networks.
1. Close Mail App
The most common way of fixing apps that are not working is by closing and opening the app. This solution is applied to crashing and bugged apps and you can also fix email app not working by doing this method. To close the Mail app:
- Press the Home button twice.
- All apps running in the background will appear. Simply look for the Mail app among all open apps.
- Simply swipe up the Mail app to close.
- Press the Home button once to go back to Home screen.
- Reopen the Mail app.
If the basic solution did not work, you can try the next methods.
2. Restart iPhone or iPad
Another simple way of fixing the email app not working problem is by restarting your iDevice. Like computers, iDevices can also start slowing down or buggy when on for long period of time. Restarting your iPhone or iPad can speed up its performance and can also fix minor errors.
- To restart your iPhone 7 Plus or iPad, simply press and hold the Sleep/Wake
- Drag the slider to turn off your iPhone 7 Plus or iPad Air 2.
- After few seconds, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until the Apple logo appears.
- Once your device is on, relaunch the Mail app.
You can also force reboot your device which is better than a simple restart. To do force reboot, simply press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button until the Apple logo appears.
3. Having the Correct Setting (Port)
Getting the Right Ports and Advanced settings for your mail Apps. Below is a correct setup
Settings Mail -> Account(Gmail/Hotmail/Yahoo)
Tap on to the Email account
For Out Going Mail Server
SMTP Server: ON
PRIMARY MAIL SERVER: Follow the SMTP link (it will be “on”)
SERVER: Make sure it is “on” (green)
Under OUTGOING MAIL SERVER: Enter your password
This should be the Port Setting for Gmail.com. If you are using Outlook/Yahoo, you can check do you have the correct port setting: Click Here For Port setting
4. Reset Up Email Account
Another way to solve this problem is by setting up your email account again. The problem probably exists due server error. To reset up your email account:
- Go to Settings
- Select Mail.
- Tap Accounts and select the account that causes problem.
- Select Delete Account.
- Tap Delete from My iPhone.
After deleting your account, simply set up your email again.
5. Reset All Settings
If the solutions above did not work, you may have to Reset All Settings of your iPhone 7 Plus. To reset your device to factory settings:
- Open Settings app and tap General.
- Select Reset and tap Reset All Settings.
- Tap Reset All Settings again to confirm.
6. Restore iPhone as New
After resetting all settings and your Mail app is still not working, you can restore your iPhone 7 Plus or iPad Pro as new using iTunes but make sure that you have a backup first to avoid any data loss.
- Open iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- Connect your iDevice to your computer using a USB cable. Make sure that you tap Trust This Computer in order for you to continue.
- Select the name of your iPhone 7 or iPad Air in iTunes.
- On the right pane, click Restore iPhone. Again, make sure that you created a backup before restoring your device as new.
- Keep your iPhone 7 Plus connected until the process is over.
7. Get the Latest Version of iOS 10.0
If you have not updated your iDevice’s operating system to the latest versions, problems like email app not working can occur. Apple releases updates that can fix minor errors and bugs. To check for the latest update:
- Go to Settings
- Tap General and select Software Update.
- If there are new updates available, simply tap Download and Install.
If this solution is not helpful, check the next method.
That’s it! Your Mail app should now work. If the Email Account that is not working is a work account, you ask about it in your IT department so they can fix it for you. If you still have questions or suggestions, share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.