How to Fix Haptic Feedback Not Working on iPhone 7 or 7 Plus
Have you recently updated some apps or iOS and suddenly, haptics stopped working? If you are looking for solutions to solve haptic feedback not working on iPhone 7 Plus, then you have landed on the right page. Many iPhone 7 owners had already experienced this issue, and there are several ways to fix it.
What is Haptic Feedback?
Also referred as haptics, haptic feedback is powered by Apple’s Taptic Engine to provide slight vibrations or force to let us feel the actions happening on our iDevice. Haptic alerts include notifications, emails, incoming calls, messages, and some apps, which are less bothersome than long vibrations or chimes. These feedbacks are also quiet that nobody would even notice that your device just produced a haptic feedback.
Haptics feedbacks on iPhone 7 and 7 Plus use your finger’s sense of touch when making actions. You can feel feedbacks on Keyboard, Home button, 3D Touch, and system. Many third-party apps also provide responses. When haptics no longer responds on your iPhone, it loses a lot of its productivity and also some of your privacy.
Solutions to Fix Haptic Feedback Not Working on iPhone 7 Plus
Before we start, make your that your iPhone is running the latest iOS versions. Sometimes, these updates solve most of the problems.
To check if there are new versions available, open Settings app and tap General. Tap Software Update. If there is an available update, tap Download and Install. Wait for it to finish, and then check if haptic feedbacks will work. Still having haptic feedback not working problem? Keep reading.
1. Disable and Enable System Haptics
The first thing that you can try is to turn off and on System Haptics and see if this solution will work. Most users have reported that this simple trick solved the haptic feedback not working problem.
- From Home screen, open Settings
- Tap Sounds & Haptics.
- Scroll down and look for System Haptics. Toggle off the switch next to it.
- After turning it off, reboot your iPhone. Press and hold down the Power button together with Volume down. Keep holding until the Apple logo appears
- After restarting your device, open Settings.
- Select Sounds & Haptics.
- Toggle on the switch next to System Haptics.You can also toggle on and off the switches for Lock Sound and Keyboard Clicks.
Haptic responses should now work after following this process. If you are still experiencing haptic feedback not working issue, jump to the next solution and see if the next one will work.
2. Reset All Settings
Resetting all your settings will not delete any of your files. It will only restore your iPhone 7 to its factory settings.
- From home screen, open Settings
- Tap General and scroll down to Reset.
- Tap Reset All Settings.
- Enter your passcode when prompted, and tap Reset All Settings to confirm.
If haptic responses are still not working, keep reading.
3. Restore iPhone As New
Do you still have the haptic feedback not working on iPhone 7? You may need to restore your iPhone as new. Before you begin this process, make sure that you create backup first using iCloud or iTunes.
- From Home screen, open Settings app.
- Tap iCloud and select Find My iPhone.
- Turn off Find My iPhone feature.
- Connect your iPhone 7 to PC or Mac with a USB cable.
- Open iTunes. Make sure that you are running the latest version to prevent any problems.
- Click the name of your smartphone and select Summary.
- On the right pane, click Restore iPhone.
That’s it! After restoring your iPhone as new, vibration responses should already work.
4. Haptic Feedback Not Working on Home Button
Are the haptics not working on Home button? If this is the problem, make sure that the Home button and your hands are dry and clean. If you are using a protective case, check if it is covering the Home button or not. You can first try press the Power button or lift your iPhone to check if this will solve the issue.
However, if the Home button haptic feedback is still not working, you can wait for new updates as it can be a temporary glitch. If you see an alert saying “The Home Button May Need Service. In the meantime, you can use the onscreen Home button below,” you may need to use the onscreen Home button. To use the Home button onscreen, follow these steps:
- From home screen, open Settings
- Tap General and select Accessibility.
- Scroll down and select Assistive Touch.
- Toggle on the switch next to Assistive Touch.
- You can include more icons by tapping the + or – signs. Make sure that Home is included on the list.
These are the solutions to fix haptic feedback not working on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. Let us know if this guide is useful by leaving a comment below!
2 thoughts on “How to Fix Haptic Feedback Not Working on iPhone 7 or 7 Plus”
I have the same problem i have followed the above steps but there is no solution…please consider this and help me how to fix it
Thanks for posting such helpful article! My close friend actually have this problem and upon seeing the solution here, I relayed it to her. It works like a charm!