Cannot send Yahoo mails from iPhone but can receive
After updating to iOS 8.0, some users cannot send or recieve Emails on Yahoo. They would keep entering the right account and password. But the problems still continues. There are many methods in fixing this problem.
Try these following basic troubleshooting in fixingYahoo mail problems.
1) Rebooting iPhone 6 and re-enter Account and Password.
2) If re-entering Yahoo account doesn’t work. Select iPhone Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars and DELETE the affect Yahoo Mail account
3) Re-enter your yahoo account with the correct setting. Below is an example of a correct setting for Yahoo Mail. If you’re unsure what to input. Check here: Apple Email Setup Lookup
Incoming Mail Server
- Account Type:IMAP
- Username: Putyouraccount@yahoo.com
- Server hostname: imap.mail.yahoo.com
- Server port:993
Outgoing Mail Server
- Username: your full email address
- Server hostname:smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Server port:465
If the above step didn’t fix your problem, try going on your PC and change the password to the Yahoo account.
Goto iPhone 6 Setting -> Mail, Contacts, Calenders -> Select Fetch New Data and Turn off “Push” Change Push to Chose To 15 Mintues.
If the above instructions doesn’t fix the yahoo mail can’t send email on iphone, you might want to check this more in dept troubleshooting Email Guide