Adjusting iPhone 7 Home Button Clicks Options on iOS 10
The latest devices of Apple, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus come with much better and shinier Home button. The Home button has improved Taptic Engine that provides real-time feedback. It has built-in pressure sensors that can detect and perform automatic clicks. Pushing the new Home button makes you feel like there is a button there or a depression. But, there is actually no button to click since it was just an illusion! The taptic engine gives you a clicking sensation.
When you just got your device and had to perform start up, you were given options to select the Home button click which lets you adjust the intensity of your clicks. There are 3 levels of click that you can choose from: light, medium and heavy clicks. If ever you are not comfortable to the level of the intensity you are currently using, Apple has added a Home button option in the General section of Settings app. (Different from the Home button in Accessibility which allows you to adjust clicking speed.)
iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus Home Button
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus feature the all-new pressure sensitive Home button which does not require you to press it all the time which can lead to wear and tear. It is also easier to use so your thumb can finally relax.
- Apple already removed the moving parts from the Home button so there is nothing to break inside. You can use it as much as you want without having to use Assistive Touch Home Button as alternative.
- The most capacitive gloves and fingernails no longer work on the Home button. Even though some capacitive gloves are reported to work on the home button, some do not. You will need to upgrade your gloves with second-generation capacitive gloves for winter.
- With the sensitive Home button of iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus, you need to watch your clicks. Things are getting a bit faster than the previous models. If you ever feel like it is moving so fast, you can slow down its speed from Accessibility.
How to Adjust Home Button Intensity on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
It is very easy to adjust the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus Home button intensity. Apple added a Home Button section in General to let users adjust the Home button intensity click. Simply follow the steps below:
- Open Settings app on your device and tap General.
- Tap the Home Button
- You will see three options available, light, medium and heavy. Simply select each to try them out then press the Home button to feel the intensity.
- Simply tap Done at the right corner once you have chosen the Home button intensity.
How to Change Home Button Click Speed
There is another Home Button section in Accessibility which allows you to modify the speed of click of the Home button. It can also disable “press Home to unlock” feature which can be replaced to Slide to Unlock if you prefer sliding than pressing the Home button.
- Open Settings app and tap General.
- Tap Accessibility and open the Home Button
3. There are three options that you can choose from under Click Speed. Simply choose the speed you prefer.
The only options default, slow and slowest since iOS always have fast taps so you can only adjust to make it slower. If your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 plus registers double taps as 2 single taps, it is better to switch the speed to Slow to prevent some problems.
So what can you say about the new iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus Home Button? Do you like it’s overall features? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below!