iPad jailbreak 4.3.2 using Redsn0w for Mac
This tutorial explains are how to jailbreak your first generation iPad with iOS 4.3.2 using RedSn0w on a Mac. This untethered jailbreak will not work for the iPad 2. We will post another jailbreak tutorial for the iPad 2 when it’s available.
- Download the jailbreak tool RedSn0w 0.9.6rc13 from here to your desktop.
- Download the 4.3.2 firmware from here (iPad 1,1_4.3.2_8H7_Restore.ipsw) and place it in the same folder with RedSn0w.
Step 1 contains two separate downloads, after both files are download then proceed.
Extract the RedSn0w zip file by double clicking it.
Connect your iPad to your computer and launch iTunes.
Select your iPad on the left under “Devices”. Now, hold down the Option key on your keyboard and click the Restore button.
Locate the RedSn0w folder on your desktop and select the 4.3.2 firmware ipsw. Click the Choose button to continue, then restore the iPad.
Once iTunes has finished updating your iPad, launch the redsn0w application from we extracted earlier.
Click the Browse button and select the 4.3.2 firmware ipsw in the RedSn0w folder, then click Open.
Cydia should be checked by default, verify that it’s checked and click next.
Make sure your iPad is plugged into the computer and its turned OFF (hold the sleep/wake button on the top edge, then slide to power off), click Next.
RedSn0w will now guide you through the steps to get into DFU mode.
- Hold down the Power (corner) button for 2 seconds.
- Without releasing the power button, also hold down the home (bottom center) button for 10 seconds.
- Without releasing the home button, release the power button BUT KEEP holding the home button for 15 seconds.
Your iPad will take a few more minutes to install the jailbreak. You should see some text scrolling and the jailbreak icon while it’s updating. When it’s complete you will see the Cydia icon on you iPad.
We want to thank i0n1c (Stefan Esser) and the iPhone Dev Team for making this jailbreak possible.