iOS 5.1.1 jailbreak available for iDevices including iPad 3
Absinthe 2.0 is now available to jailbreak almost all iDevices running iOS 5.1.1, even the new iPad 3 and iPhone 4S.
Here are the devices compatible with the untethered jailbreak;
- iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 3
- iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S
- iPod touch 3rd and 4th gen.
The Absinthe 2.0 software makes is simple to install the jailbreak on your iOS device. You will need to download Absinthe 2.0.1 to your Mac or PC.
After you have downloaded the Absinthe software, here is how you jailbreak your device.
1. Make a backup of your device in iTunes by right clicking on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu and click ‘Back Up’.
2. Once your backup is complete return to your device and go to Settings – General – Reset – Erase all Content and Settings. This will make the jailbreak process much faster.
3. Open Absinthe and be sure you are still connected via USB cable to your computer.
4. Click ‘Jailbreak’ and wait…. just be patient and do not disconnect your device.
5. Once jailbroken return to iTunes and restore your backup from earlier. Right click on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu in the left panel of iTunes and click ‘Restore from Back Up…’ then select the latest backup you created before. (restoring this backup will return all the content previously on your device ie, apps, photos, etc.)
6. Enjoy your jailbroken iDevice!