How to Jailbreak iPad iOS 4.2.1 on Windows
Greenpois0n can be used to jailbreak your iOS device on a Mac or PC, this tutorial will explain how to jailbreak your iPad iOS 4.2.1 using Windows. Click here to view the Mac tutorial.
Before you get started you should plug your iPad into the computer and sync your iPad ( If your iPad is already Jailbroken, restore it in iTunes before using Greenpois0n). Then, quit iTunes and turn off your iPad.
- Download Greenpois0n for Windows here http://www.greenpois0n.com.
- Save the file to your desktop, then right click on it and extract the file to your desktop.
- Double click on greenpois0n.exe and run the application.
- Click “Prepare To Jailbreak” and follow the instructions to put your iPad in DFU mode.
- After your iPad is in DFU mode, click “Jailbreak”.
- You should see some text scrolling on your iPad. After the iPad restarts, you will have a loader icon on your iPad.
- Tap on the loader icon then select and install Cydia.
- Once Cydia has installed, you can remove the loader app. You should now have a untethered jailbroken iPad.
You can sync your iPad to reinstall your iPad content.