How to jailbreak iPad 2 or iPhone 4S with iOS 5 or 5.0.1
This jailbreak tutorial is for jailbreaking an iPad 2 or iPhone 4S on a Mac. The Windows version will be available soon. This untethered jailbreak will work for iOS 5 and iOS 5.0.1.
Before you start the jailbreak process make sure to do a backup of your device in iTunes because you may lose your Camera Roll during this process.
- Download Absinthe from the link below.
Absinthe 0.2 (Mac) absinthe-mac-0.4.zip
- After the download is complete, double click on the file to launch it.
- Connect your iPad 2 to your computer. Make sure to turn off any passcodes if you have one set for the device.
- Click on Jailbreak to begin.
- The Absinthe jailbreak tool will take several minutes to complete the process.
- When you see “Almost Done”, find the Absinthe icon on your iPad 2 or iPhone 4S and tap it to complete the jailbreak process.
- After the process is complete the Absinthe icon will disappear and Cydia will be in it’s place.
If all went well, you are done and your A5 device is jailbroken.
If you get an error message say the “Server Stopped Responding” view this page for a remedy.