How to Backup SHSH Blobs
Backing up the SHSH Blobs is useful in case you accidentally upgrade your jailbroken device to Apple’s latest firmware, you can’t re-jailbreak it until hackers release a new jailbreak software. That has taken as long two months. You can downgrade the firmware on your device— if you have your SHSH blobs on file.
There are several ways to backup the SHSH blobs but here we will cover the steps using AutoSHSH.
- Open iTunes, plug your in device and back it up. When it’s done, close iTunes and unplug your device.
- Download AutoSHSH.
- Launch AutoSHSH. Make sure you are connected to the Internet and that you have Java Runtime installed. If not, download and install it.
- Plug in you device and put it in recovery mode. To put it in recovery mode, hold the power button and home button continuously until you see a “connect to iTunes” logo. If iTunes launches, close it.
- Click “grab my SHSH blobs automatically”.
- Finally, save the file on the computer and you will be able to perform the downgrade.
- Reboot your device.