How to Use Today Widgets on iPhone 7 and iPad Air on iOS 10
The iOS 10 is packed with brilliant improvements, and one of them is the Today Widgets. In the new lock screen, just swipe to the left, and you can have a view your widgets. You can also see your widgets from your home screen by just swiping to the right. If you are wondering how to maximize its use, this article will show you how to get the most out of it.
Widgets allow you to see information quickly and even perform actions without having to open the app that you need. Whether you just want to check the weather, see your to-do list, turn the lights off in your bedroom or review your kitchen recipes, widgets offer many uses and very easy to use.
How to Access Today Widgets
Whether you are using your iPhone 7 or iPad Air, you can easily access your widgets in 3 different ways.
- Lock screen – From Lock screen, just swipe to the right to view your widgets.
- Home screen – From Home screen, swipe to the right until you reach widgets.
- Notification Center – Swipe down from the top of the screen to open the Notification Center. Then, swipe to the right to access your widgets.
How to Use Today Widgets
Some of the widgets only offer quick peek of information. Other widgets allow you to perform quick actions without having to open the apps, such as Hue, Workflow and Day One.
- View your widgets by swiping to the right from Lock or Home screen, or swipe down Notification Center.
- Look for the widget that you wish to use by scrolling down if you do not see it yet.
- Tap the action that you want to perform.
Some widgets will take you to the app to continue your action, but many widgets allow you to stay on the widget screen and finish what you have to do. Some widgets only offer view options, while some allow you to expand for more sets of options and information.
- Find the widget that you want to expand and select Show More.
- Tap Show Less to close the other options or details.
How to Add Widgets on iPhone 7 or iPad Air
Aside from the default widgets available from Apple, you can also include widgets from third-party developers.
Step 1: View your widgets by swiping to the right from Lock or Home screen, or swipe down Notification Center.
Step 2: Scroll down to the bottom and tap Edit.
Step 3: Look for the widget that you wish to add. If you just installed an app with a widget support, you will usually see its widget on top of the availability list.
Step 4: Tap the green (+) icon to add this widget to your list.
Step 5: Once you are finished, tap Done.
The mentioned process of adding widgets above is the same to the previous process in the old versions of iOS, but in iOS 10, there is a new option to add widgets. You can use the 3D Touch feature to add an app in your widget list.
Step 1: On your Home screen, look for the app with widget support.
Step 2: Press the app firmly to trigger the 3D Touch menu.
Step 3: Select Add Widget.
How to Rearrange Widgets
Once you are done adding the apps in your widgets list, you can arrange them according to your needs and preference.
Step 1: Go to the widgets screen by swiping to the right from Lock or Home screen, or swipe down Notification Center.
Step 2: Scroll down to the bottom of the list and tap Edit.
Step 3: You will see the list of your widgets. Tap and hold the three lines next to the widget that you want to move.
Step 4: Simply drag the widget app or down.
Step 5: Once you are finished, tap Done.
How to Disable Widgets
If you think that the widget for a certain app is no longer necessary, you can always disable it.
- Go to the widgets screen by swiping to the right from Lock or Home screen, or swipe down Notification Center.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the list and tap Edit.
- Tap the red (–) icon next to the widget that you want to disable.
- Tap Remove.
That’s it! Your widgets will let you see information quickly, and you can perform quick actions without the hassle of searching or opening the app on Home screen. Simply slide to the right to access your widgets. You can take a quick glance and perform simple actions.
If you have any questions or suggestions about Today Widgets on iPhone 7 or iPad Air, share your thoughts with us in the comments section below!