Solutions to Recovering Deleted Notes on iPhone 7 and iPad Air on iOS 10
Most people tend to use the Notes app for listing different kinds of important information. It can also be used for saving random thoughts, making a list for grocery shopping, creating a schedule and more. Even though there are many third-party note apps available in App Store such as OneNote, Evernote and Simplenote, many Apple users still prefer the use of the built-in Notes app because of its simplicity.
Using the Notes app is very easy. All you need to do is to tap the New Note icon (looks like a pen and a paper) on the upper right corner and you can start typing down your notes. You can also create a new note from your existing note for a fast start. Your notes save automatically and can be synced with iCloud so you can easily access your notes in all your devices.
If you had hundreds of notes saved and you have decided to clean up, you probably deleted notes that you shouldn’t have. This happens to many of us but do not worry as you can easily recover deleted notes on iPhone and iPad.
Recover Deleted Notes on iPhone and iPad
Like the Photos app, the new version of the Notes app allows you to recover deleted notes so you can restore them on your iOS device. You have 30 days from the date of deletion to restore your notes in your iPhone 7 or iPad Notes app. After 30 days, your notes will be deleted permanently.
- From home screen, open Notes
- Tap the Back arrow icon (<) in top left to see all notes folders.
- Tap the Recently Deleted
- You will see here the notes that you recently deleted. On top, a warning says “Notes are permanently deleted after 30 days.” Simply tap the Edit button and select the note or notes that you wish to restore.
- Now, tap Move To… and select the folder where you want your note to be restored.
- Now, go to the folder where you moved your note and you will find it there.
You just restored your deleted note back to your iPhone 7, iPad or iPod touch!
Recover Deleted Notes using iCloud
Another way of restoring your deleted notes is by using iCloud. This is if you made iCloud backup before.
- On your Mac or PC, go to com and sign in.
- Click the Notes app icon.
- On the left pane, click the Recently Deleted
- You will see all the notes that you recently deleted within 30 days. Simply click the note that you want to restore.
- Click the Recover button on top of it.
Draw using Notes App
Notes app is not only for typing as you can also make sketches and illustrations. You can use your finger or stylus to bring your ideas to life. In addition, you can also add colors and make your diagrams perfect with the help of a ruler. To use sketch pad in Notes app:
- From home screen, open Notes app.
- Tap the New Note icon to create a new note.
- Simply tap the space provided to show the keyboard up.
- Tap the circle with a + sign above the keyboard.
- Tap the Sketch This looks like a curvy line.
You should see a pen, marker, pencil, ruler, eraser and color options at the bottom. Simply pick the tool that you want to use and you can start making sketches. This is a useful feature not only for work but also for studying. For students who use Notes app, they can also draw illustrations within the app. Erasing is also easy. Simply tap the eraser button and drag in on the parts you wish to erase.
If you accidentally delete your sketches, recovering them is the same as recovering your typed notes. Simply tap the Back icon (<) to open Recently Deleted folder. From there, you will see a list of all your recently deleted notes, including sketches. Simply tap the Edit button and select the notes that you want to restore. Tap Move To… and select the folder where you want to restore your notes.
If you accidentally delete your notes on gmail and sketches, there is no need to worry as you can easily retrieve them from the Recently Deleted folder. It can also be done using iCloud on your Mac or PC if you want to solve it in a bigger screen. This feature is also present in the Photos app where you can also restore all deleted photos and videos within 30 days before they are permanently deleted.
Another older method to fix Deleted Notes Here
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to leave a comment below!