No Sound on iPad & iPhone Games & Apps: How to fix the problem
Many people have complained about having no sound on iPad air/iPhone 6 issue, and this can have a very detrimental impact on the enjoyment level of utilizing games and apps. Fortunately, there are multiple different techniques that can be used to fix this no sound on iPhone/iOS devices. Sometimes the sound fix can be very simple or more compilcated one that would need you to reset your iPhone 6/5. Sometimes by just updating to the newest iOS 9.0 or iOS 10 can cause no sound. This can be fix by just restarting the iPad.
Tips for Fixing the Issue of No Sound on iPad
1. Make Sure the iPad/iPhone Sound is Not Muted
Check the small side switch. If there is a reddish-orange mark visible, the iPad is muted. Please note that the sides switch can be use either for muting the iPad, or locking rotation.
To fix this issue, simply push the switch up into the non-muted position. If the sound is still not working, you can:
– Double tap on the home button to bring up the menu on the bottom of the device.
– Scroll to the right until the iPad’s sound icon appears. If this icon has a hash through it, click on it once to turn the sound back on.
For iOS 7 users, simply swipe up from the middle of bottom of the screen to see the control center. The sound control is on the bottom left corner. See sound control image below:
2. Turn the Sound All the Way Up
– In some cases, turning the sound all the way up will correct this issue because you might have accidentally lower the volume too much to hear any sound from your iPad.
3. Close All Apps and Reboot the iPhone 6 /iPad Air
– Double tap the home button so that you can access each app that is running, and then slide each of them up to close them.
– Once this has been completed, press the power and home button down at the same time and hold them until after the iPod screen has gone black. This process will be finished as soon as the Apple logo appears, and that is when it is time to stop pressing the buttons.
Checkout this Video if you still can’t get sound to work on the iPad:
4. Restore the iPad to Factory Settings
Doing this will delete all of the data from the iPad, so it is important to back everything up to iTunes via a computer first. To complete the reset process, perform these steps:
– Click on Settings and then General.
– Then click on General
– Scroll down the page to the reset option.
– Click on Reset and then select Erase All Content and Settings.
This will generate two pop-up warnings, and it is necessary to press Erase on both of them. It is important to note that restoring the factory settings can take an extended period of time, so the battery should be fully charged before starting this process.
5. Changing the language on iPad Air or iPhone to another “language” and back to English(US,UK) again
If all of the solution above doesn’t solve your sound problem, you can try changing the language setting on the iPad. Pro tip, try to avoid language such as Japanese and Chinese as it would be hard to navigate back.
6. Sound Option is missing in taskbar on iPad – Stuck in Headphone Mode
Plugging in a pair of headphone and the sound would work. As dirt and other particle build up in the charging connector, the sound would stop working. To clean the iPad, you can blow air into the the charging and headphone jack for few minutes to fix the sound problem. Use a hair dryer if you don’t want to blow on the charging and headphone jack.
7. Dry toothbrush to brush the dust out of dock connector
Using a dry toothbrush to brush debris/dust off the dock connector. You can add rubbing alcohol to get the extra hard dust and debris out of the iPhone and iPad.
8. The iPad Volume Bar is missing. No sound in apps.
To fix the disappeared volume bar, first you need to check does your sound still work. To check this problem, plug in a set of speaker on to the iPad. If you hear sound coming out of the speaker, you can move onto the next phase in fixing missing sound bar. Cleaning up the dock connector on iPad will usually fix the sound bar. Make sure you turn off the iPad and then brush the dock connector with a dry toothbrush. If brushing doesn’t fix the sound, you can try using a credit credit and zigzag it to the charging dock.
9. The Home Button Method – In Fixing No iPads sound
Try this method by pressing down the area near the Home Button. The reason why this method will sometime works is that the hardware that is connecting the speaker of the phone is located near this area. Therefore by just constantly pressing that area you can sometime restore the loose sound connection.
9. Turning off the Bluetooth Features/Airplane Mode
Some people have success in getting back sound on iPad, when they disable the Bluetooth. To Disable Bluetooth, Goto Setting and look for Bluetooth and turn it off. Also turning off Airplane mode too as this will sometimes disable the sound. The purpose of Bluetooth is for connecting a external keyboard or another audio devices. So disabling Bluetooth won’t be effecting your user experience as much.
10. Are you on the latest iOS update for your iPhone 6/iPad?
If you’re on an older iOS version, try updating to the latest iOS 10. New iOS update will fixes software & glitches related problem on the iPhone/iPad. You can also check is your App updated to the newest version by tapping on the app in Setting.
11. Backup your Device and Restore As New
Simply by backing up your device and restoring as new will fix all of the setting error. This will change back all the setting to default. So, if you restore as new and the iPad sound is still not working. It should be time to goto an Apple store and see what they suggest.
12. Still having problems? – Checkout iPad Air App Sound Problem
If the above solutions didn’t work, there are other potential causes for no sound on iPad. Have you checked the headphone jack? If there is something stuck in there, the iPad might think headphones are plugged in and thus there would be no sound.
If there is no sound in a specific app or a game, you can try updating or reinstalling the app.