iPad Typing Tips – Six Things That Will Help You Type Faster
iPad Help, Tips & Tricks// January 23, 2016
Here are some of my favorite shortcuts for typing on the iPads Air keyboard.
- When you typing and you reach the end of a sentence, double tap the space bar. A period will be added automatically.
- If you touch the wrong key, you can slide your finger to the correct key. The letter isn’t entered until you release your finger from the key.
- Words are suggested as you type, to reject a suggested word, finish typing the word as you want it, then tap the suggestion to dismiss it before typing anything else. Each time you reject a suggestion for the same word, iPad becomes more likely to accept your word.To use the suggested word, type a space, punctuation mark, or return character.
- To enable Caps Lock, double tap the shift key. Cap Lock has to be enabled in settings first. Go to settings, general,
- Caps Lock.
- When typing an email address, press and hold the dot (.) key and you’ll get a pop-up to auto-complete the email address.
- If you want to edit a url or text in a search box without deleting everything, hold your finger down on the area you want to edit, after a couple of seconds a magnifier will appear, now you can move your finger to precisely where you want to edit.
There are more shortcuts you can use by holding on the keys. I’ve found these to be the most useful. Try them out, we are interested in hearing your comments.
Can also get an iPad Air Keyboard for your iPad Air on Amazon: iPad Air Keyboards
With new iOS 9.0, The keyboard can scale bigger for easier use.