How to use AirPlay Mirroring with iOS 5
iPad Help, Tips & Tricks// October 13, 2011
One of the coolest new features of iOS 5 is AirPlay Mirroring.
AirPlay Mirroring allows users to display everything on their iPad 2 or iPhone 4S wirelessly to their HDTV via Apple TV. There is no HDMI cable required.
With the iOS 5 update suddenly everything on your iDevice is AirPlay compatible. This is useful for gaming, presentations, watching videos, browsing the internet or using anything that doesn’t support AirPlay.
How to enable AirPlay Mirroring
- Make sure your iPad 2 has iOS 5 installed.
- Update your Apple TV to the latest software by going to Setting-> General-> Update Software, on your Apple TV.
- After both devices have the necessary software turn on your Apple TV and your HDTV.
- On your iPad 2, double tap the home button or swipe up with four or five fingers to reveal the multitasking bar.
- You should then see the AirPlay icon next to the music controls. Tap on the icon, select Apple TV and turn on Mirroring.
- You should now see the screen from your iPad mirrored to your TV.