How to Set An Alarm in iOS 7: Three Ways
For some iPad user today is not the kind of day in which they want or have time to consume studying how to activate their alarm on the iPad with iOS 7. They want to perform a few steps and see the alarm “just work.” Have no fear: we here at iPad Help want to offer three ways on how to set an alarm in iOS 7. You can either 1) access your alarm from the main screen, 2) command Siri, or 3) use Control Center.
Access Alarm from Main Screen
This is one of the easiest ways to set your alarm in iOS 7 and, until Apple’s latest update, was one of the only ways to set your alarm. To access your alarm, perform the following steps:
- Select the clock app.
- At the bottom of the clock app, select “alarm.”
- From the top of the screen, select “edit,” then click the alarm time you want to change if you have alarms already set.
- If you have no alarm set, select the red “+” sign at the top right of the page. You should see an alarm box appear.
- Scroll through the hours and minutes until you select the desired time.
- Once you select the time, hit the red “save” word at the right of the alarm box.
Do you need a personal assistant beyond your day at the office or in the classroom? Look no further than Apple’s intelligent assistant, Siri. If you’re tired and simply cannot muster the brain cells to set your alarm, have Siri do it for you. Perform the following steps:
- Hold down the home button until you hear the “beep-beep” sound that has come to characterize when Siri is activated. Say a command like, “set my alarm for 6am,” and wait until Siri beeps again to be sure that she acknowledges your command. Siri will respond in the affirmative after setting your alarm.
Use Control Center
iOS 7 will come in handy for former iOS 6 users as well as new users, and this couldn’t be truer than with iOS 7’s new Control Center. To activate your alarm with Control Center, perform the following steps:
- Swipe from the bottom of your screen. You should see a gray box appear.
- In the gray box, you will see Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Airplane Mode, Do Not Disturb (DND), Mute, Audio, Camera, and Clock settings. Select the clock, which is to the left of the camera icon and should have a dark grayish color. Your clock app will automatically open.
- From there, you will perform the same steps as someone who accesses the clock app from the main screen: select the alarm symbol at the bottom of the clock app, then the red “+” sign at the top right of the page.
- Set your alarm time, then click “save.”
Do you have any questions about how to use your iPad? We’re here to help.