How To Enable AirPrint for Windows and Use Any Printer
AirPrint is a major feature of the iOS 4.2 upgrade but is limited to only eleven printers.
Now thanks to a simple tweak from elpamsoft.com, Windows users can use AirPrint with any printer on the same Wi-Fi network as their iPad.
- Ensure Service Startup is “Auto” and set a password or check “Allow Blank Password”.
- Click “Install AirPrint Service”.
- Share your printer.
Open “Printers” in the Control Panel, right click on the printer and click “Printer Properties. Click the sharing tab and share the printer.
- Make sure any firewall software is set to allow AirPrint.
- Now attempt to printer a document/photo from iOS device.
- Your printer should show up when you tap on the AirPrint icon. When you tap on the printer, you should get a pop up asking for your username and password, it will be whatever you entered in the AirPrint Installer.
*If your having problems with the iOS device discovering your printer, try rebooting your PC or restart the Bonjour & AirPrint service by going to Start > Run > (type) services (Click OK) > Right Click “Bonjour Service” > Click Restart. (do the same for AirPrint Service).
Cancel Printing or Check Status
If you would like to check the status of the print job or cancel it, double-click the home button, tap the Print Center icon, then select a print job or tap Cancel Printing.
AirPrint on a Mac
Enabling AirPrint on a Mac is simple, here is a step by step guide.