How to Fix iPhone 7 or iPad Air 2 Won’t Download Apps After Updating iOS 10
There are millions of apps available to download in the App Store and all iOS users are excited to check out as many apps as they can. However, there are thousand of users who reported that their iPhone 7 or iPad won’t download apps after upgrading iOS 10. In addition to the problem, existing apps also won’t update. This problem is definitely frustrating as there are manyessential and entertaining apps that you want to download on your device.
If you are also experiencing this problem, there is no need to worry as fixing this issue is very simple. There are many solutions to fix iPhone or iPad won’t download apps without seeking professional help. This guide will show you how to solve the problem so you can update and download all the apps successfully.
Solutions to Fix iPhone or iPad Won’t Download Apps
If your iPhone or iPad won’t download apps or update apps, learn what to do:
1. Check Internet Connection
Before you try other solutions, simply check the internet connection first and make sure that your iPhone 7 or iPad is connected to Wi-Fi or cellular network.
- If you are using Wi-Fi to download or update apps, go to Settings app and tap Wi-Fi. Make sure that you are connected to internet. If the internet connection is poor, there is a chance that the update or download will fail.
- If you are using Cellular data to download or update apps, go to Settings app and Cellular. Make sure that your Cellular data is enabled to continue your update or download.
More in depth guide to why you cannot connect to Wi-Fi on iPhone
2. Check Airplane Mode
Another reason that prevents iPhone or iPad from downloading or updating app is when the Airplane mode is on. If it is enabled, make sure that you turn it off. If the Airplane mode is already off, you can perform a simple trick that can fix the issue. All you need to do is to turn on Airplane mode and wait for at least fifteen seconds before you turn it off.
To check Airplane mode, simply go to Settings app and toggle on and off Airplane Mode. If this solution does not help, check the next method.
3. Changing The Language and back to English(US,UK) again
Go to Setting General and look for the Language setting. Changing the language to English(UK) and revert it back to English(USA). Also some Apps are region lock.
4. Close App Store
There are times that apps crash and behave abnormally. Even the App Store app can also malfunction sometimes and iPhone or iPad won’t download apps normally. When this happens, all you need to do is to close App Store.
Simply tap the Home button twice to see all the open apps that you just used. Look for App Store and swipe it up to close it. Press the Home button again to go back to Home screen and reopen App Store.
5. Check Date and Time
The Date and Time of your iPhone or iPad can also affect the way you download or update. If the date or time of your device is incorrect, problems like this can occur. To correct your date and time:
- Open Settings app and tap General.
- Select Date & Time and toggle on Set Automatically.
This will correct your date and time according to your time zone. If your iOS device has the feature on enabled already, check the next solution.
6. Restart your iOS device
If you are still facing the problem after trying all the methods above, another easy solution is to restart your iPhone or iPad. This solution is actually applied to most iPhone or iPad related errors. All you have to do is to press and hold the On/Off button and Slide to power off. When your iPhone or iPad is off, simply turn it on again by pressing and holding the On/Off button until the Apple logo appears.
If this solution is not helpful, jump to the next method.
7. Sign out from App Store
Some users who experienced iPad wont download apps problem have fixed the issue by signing out from the App Store. After signing back in, downloading as well as updating existing apps is already possible. To do this:
- From home screen, open Settings
- Select iTunes & App Store and tap your Apple ID.
- Tap Sign Out and wait for few seconds before you sign back in.
8. Free Up Storage Space
If you are still experiencing the issue, maybe you do not have enough free space on your iPhone 7 or iPad. This will prevent you from updating or downloading new apps. To get more space, you can delete some songs, videos, photos or apps that you no longer use. You can create a backup first before deleting your files.
To delete apps, all you need to do is to tap and hold on the app’s icon on home screen until all apps shake. Simply tap the X icon and tap delete.
9. Get the Latest Version of iOS 10.2.1 or revert back
If you have not updated your iOS version for a while, there is a chance to experience problems and errors. To update your software:
- Make sure that your device is connected to power source or you have sufficient battery percentage.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to Wi-Fi.
- From home screen, open Settings and tap General.
- Select Software Update and tap Download and Install.
10. Reset All Settings
If all the solutions above do not work, you may have to reset all settings. Make sure that you create backup first before doing this. To reset all settings:
- Open Settings app and select General.
- Tap Reset and select Reset All Settings.
- Enter your password when asked and tap Reset All Settings to confirm.
You can also restart your router as it can also solve the problem. We hope that this guide helps! If you are still having problems, let us know in the comments below.