No Wi-Fi on iPhone 7 Plus? Here are the Best Solutions to Fix it!
One of the main reasons why smartphones have become a necessity is internet. With your iPhone or iPad, you can easily surf the web, watch the latest movies on Netflix, connect to your family and friends, and continue your daily tasks anywhere you are. But if one day, you have no Wi-Fi on iPhone 7 Plus? This can be a huge dilemma as you will no longer have access to apps that require internet connection. But do not worry anymore as this article will show you how to reconnect your device to Wi-Fi.
Solutions to Fix No Wi-Fi on iPhone 7 Plus Problem
Before you begin, make sure that your Wi-Fi or WLAN is on. If they are on, restart the modem and router. It is also best to stay within the range to make sure that you can receive the signal. Here are some tips to fix Wi-Fi connection on iPhone 7 Plus.
1. Restart Your iPhone
Like all other gadgets, a simple restart can solve many problems including connection issues. Bugs and other malfunctions occur all the time. Even high-end devices like iPhone 7 plus or iPad Pro 2 are not exempted. To reboot your iPhone:
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the slider appears. Simply slide to turn off your device. Wait for at least fifteen seconds before you turn it back on.
After restarting your device, check if you can already connect to Wi-Fi. If you there is still no Wi-Fi on iPhone 7 Plus, continue reading.
2. Turn on and off AirPlane Mode
If restarting your iPhone did not help, you can try to turn on and off Airplane mode. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open Control Center. Tap the Airplane Mode icon to turn it on. Your device will be disconnected to all networks. Wait for ten seconds before you turn it back off. Now, check if you can already connect to Wi-Fi.
3. Reset Network Settings
If you are still experiencing no Wi-Fi on iPhone 7 plus issue, you can try to reset your device’s network settings. This will delete all your Wi-Fi records as well as their passwords. Make sure that you remember your Wi-Fi password before doing this step. To reset network settings:
- Open the Settings app and select General.
- Scroll down and tap Reset.
- Select Reset Network Settings.
- Confirm when prompted. Your iPhone 7 plus will restart.
After resetting your network settings, you can now try to connect to your Wi-Fi network again and enter your password.
5. Turn off Wi-Fi Assist
Many users have reported to solve this problem after turning off the Wi-Fi assist feature. If you are using Wi-Fi assist, this automatically switches Wi-Fi connection to Cellular whenever your Wi-Fi is weak. To turn it off:
- Open the Settings app and select Cellular.
- Scroll down to the bottom and toggle off Wi-Fi Assist.
6. Turn off Wi-Fi Networking
Doing this solution will not affect the functions of your Wi-Fi. According to some iPhone 7 plus users, turning off Wi-Fi networking under system services solved the no Wi-Fi on iPhone 7 Plus issue. To do this:
- Go to Settings and tap Privacy.
- Scroll down and tap System Services.
- Look for Wi-Fi Networking and turn off the switch next to it.
After disabling Wi-Fi networking, check again if Wi-Fi is already working.
7. Change DNS
Another cause that results to no Wi-Fi on iPhone 7 plus issue is the DNS servers from your ISP. You can try to switch to GoogleDNS or OpenDNS and see if this solution will fix the problem. To set your custom DNS:
- Open the Settings app and tap Wi-Fi.
- Tap the “i” icon next to the name of your Wi-Fi network.
- Scroll down and look for DNS. Tap on it to display your keyboard.
- Enter the DNS server address. The options are:
- Google DNS: 8.8.8 or 188.8.131.52
- OpenDNS: 67.222.222 or 184.108.40.206
You can also search for other DNS servers. After changing, check if your Wi-Fi is working now.
8. Restore iPhone as New using iTunes
If none of the solutions above worked, you can restore your iPhone 7 plus as new using iTunes. Before you do this solution, make sure that you are using the latest version of iTunes on your Mac or PC and you backup your device.
- Connect your iPhone to Mac or PC using your USB cable.
- Open iTunes. Click the name of your iPhone when it appears and click Summary.
- Select This Computer and click Back Up Now.
- Once you are done backing up, click Restore iPhone. Click Restore again to confirm.
That’s it! Your device will now perform like new. If you are still having no Wi-Fi on iPhone 7 Plus problem, you can have Apple technicians check your device for you.
If you have other problems with iPhone 7 Plus, let us know in the comments section below and we will help you out!