iPhone 7 Plus App Stuck on Download
Is your iPhone 7 Plus app stuck on download? Downloading and updating apps are the two important actions that we often do to maximize the use of our smartphones. However, problems can arise when downloading or updating apps. Even high-end devices like iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus are not exempted and can experience the same dilemma during these processes. If your app is stuck on download or “Waiting” process, just relax! We have effective solutions that can help you sort this out.
Why is iPhone 7 Plus App Stuck on Download?
There are many reasons why you can experience this issue. There could be a problem with your network, which triggers the iPhone 7 plus app stuck on download problem. Downloading and installing apps require stable connection for it to finish successfully. If the connection is poor, it will be hard to complete the process.
Another reason is insufficient memory. If your device’s memory is almost full, consider backing up your device using iTunes or iCloud to prevent the iPhone 7 plus app stuck on download state. This problem may also arise when the Apple server is temporarily unavailable. If this is the case, all you have to do is to wait for it to be active again.
Solutions to Fix iPhone 7 Plus App Stuck on Download or “Waiting”
Follow these solutions to get rid of the “Waiting” or app stuck on download problem“Waiting” or app stuck on download problem.
1. Check Wi-Fi or Cellular Data
The first thing that you should do is to check if you have stable internet connection. Make sure that your Wi-Fi network is working and you are within the range. You can try to restart your modem or router and see if this will fix the issue.
If you are using cellular data, make sure that you still have access to the internet to complete your download, installations, and updates. You can also check if you enabled your Mobile Data in installing apps.
- Open Settings app and select iTunes & App Store.
- Scroll down and toggle on Use Mobile Data.
2. Force Restart iPhone 7 Plus
The fastest way to solve this issue is to restart your iPhone. This can also resolve minor glitches such as app crushing and iPhone stuck on headphones mode. To reboot your device:
- Press and hold down the On/Off button and Volume button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Your iPhone 7 plus will restart on its own. Simply connect your device to Wi-Fi or 3G network and tap the app with the “Waiting” status to continue the process.
3. Manage Storage Usage
One of the reasons why iPhone owners experience app stuck on download problem is insufficient storage space. To check your storage usage, go to Settings and tap General. Select Storage & iCloud Usage and see if you still have enough space for installing or updating apps. You can delete some apps that you do not use or backup your photos and videos to iCloud or iTunes to make sufficient space.
4. Delete the App and Reinstall
If the app is still stuck on download or “Waiting” status, you can try to delete it and reinstall the app.
- Simply tap and hold on any app until all the apps start to shake.
- Tap the X button on the upper right corner of the app stuck on download to delete it.
- Press Home button to return your screen to normal.
- Open App Store and try to install the app again. Make sure that you have stable network connection to prevent any interruptions.
5. Sign Out from App Store
If the solutions above did not work, you can try to sign out and sign back into App Store. To do this:
- Open Settings app and tap iTunes & App Store.
- Tap your Apple ID and select Sign Out.
- Wait for at least ten seconds before you sign back in.
- Restart your iPhone 7 and see if this solution has worked for you.
6. Use iTunes Sync
Another solution is to use iTunes to download and update your existing apps. Make sure that you are running the latest version of iTunes to avoid any problems.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac or PC and launch iTunes.
- Click the Apps tab to see the list of all apps on your device. You should see Install, Remove and Update options.
- Click Install or Update to continue the process of the unfinished download.
- Click Sync
7. Recovery Mode
If none of the solutions above work, you can try to put your iPhone 7 plus into recovery mode. To do this:
- Turn off your iPhone. Press and hold down the On/Off button for three seconds. Swipe the slide to power off.
- Press and hold down the volume button and connect your device to Mac or PC. Make sure that iTunes is already open.
- When you see Connect to iTunes screen, let go of the volume button.
iTunes will say that it has detected your iPhone in recovery mode. When you see Restore or Update options, select Update.
8. Contact Apple Support
Still having problems with iPhone 7 Plus App stuck on download? Contact Apple support so they can take a look at your device.
We hope that this guide helped you out in solving this annoying issue! If you have more questions or suggestions, let us know in the comments section below!