Zinio App for iPad – The Best Way to View Magazines
Sports Illustrated, People, Time, Maxim and others have apps designed specifically for the iPad but thousands more magazines are available on the iPad with the Zinio App.
Zinio is a free app for your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. The app has a nice UI for browsing and reading digital versions of some of the finest magazines. There are several free samples to get a good idea of how the app works before any purchases are made.
Some examples of the magazines available are; Rolling Stone, Spin, BusinessWeek, Car & Driver, National Geographic, Harper’s Bazaar, Macworld, etc. Most of the magazines can be purchased individually or by a discounted subscription plan.
Users can also visit the site from any computer and view purchases online or download the Zinio Reader from a Mac or PC. After the Zinio Reader is installed, purchases can be stored on your computer for viewing offline.
Zinio does offer subscriptions and one time purchases to Playboy and Penthouse. However, adult content is only viewable on a computer. Due to Apple’s restrictions, these magazines are not available on iOS devices with the app but there is another method for viewing adult content on all iOS devices. The magazines can be saved as PDF’s that work with iBooks and PDF files can be password protected. Here is a guide.
Zinio App Features:
- Synchronize your Zinio library for your iPad, iPhone, Mac, Linux or PC
- Explore and share articles from featured magazines without a subscription
- Flick through magazines seamlessly, in full-screen, landscape and portrait modes
- Interact with enhanced interactive content for selected titles and explore new issues
- Buy single issues or subscribe to premier magazines from around the world
- Read full-color, high-fidelity pages, or switch to enhanced text mode
- Link seamless to the web from articles and advertisements
- Discover content with new navigation, and improved mosaic and TOC views
Originally posted 2010-09-11 22:31:07.