Spotify for iPad finally arrives
The popular online music streaming service Spotify is finally available for the iPad. The Spotify app has a beautiful interface that makes finding and discovering new music a breeze.
The settings include an Offline Mode, that allows you to listen to playlist when an internet connection is not available. You can also turn on Crossfade, which blends songs together for continuous listening. There’s even an option to Scrobble to Last.fm – which means when you listen to a song, it’s added to your Last.fm profile.
Spotify is also AirPlay-ready, a huge plus if you have an AirPlay-compatible home stereo system.
The iPad app is free to download, but like the iPhone app it requires a $9.99 a month premium subscription. However, you can get a premium account Free for 30 days.
- Retina graphics for iPad – dazzling display, razor sharp images, richer colours
- Even easier to browse and explore Spotify’s entire 18 million* song catalogue
- New ‘Now Playing’ full-screen view with high-definition cover art
- Search for playlists, users and music – all from the same view
- Check out what’s hot and find trending playlists & songs amongst your friends
- Inbox grouped by user for easy searching
- Gapless playback and crossfade
- AirPlay integration
- Listen offline – no mobile connection needed
- Share music with your friends
- Star your favourite tracks
- Wirelessly sync your own MP3s to your iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad
- Create and sync playlists
- Send the tracks you listen to direct to Last.fm & Facebook
Get Spotify for iPad Free at the App Store.
Originally posted 2012-05-02 21:27:35.