Google Chrome & Google Drive apps are available for iOS
Google has released two new apps for iPad and iPhone today. The Chrome app is a web browser that offers a free alternative to the default Safari browser. Chrome for iOS uses a sign in option to sync bookmarks and open tabs that are on other devices using Chrome, including your desktop browser. There’s also an incognito mode, unlimited tabs and a single URL and search bar. If you like the desktop version of Chrome, you may want to head over to the App Store and try Chrome for iPad and iPhone.
Get Google Chrome for Free at the App Store.
Google Drive provides an online storage service similar to DropBox. It gives users the ability to store documents, photos and videos, so that they can be accessed and viewed online. The service provides 5GB of space for free.
The new Google Drive app for iOS has a nice looking user interface, but you can’t create new documents or even upload photos with this initial release.
Here are some of the features included with the Google Drive app:
- Quickly and easily access and view your documents, photos and videos anywhere
- Make files available offline so you can view them even when you don’t have Internet connection
- Easily share files with collaborators on the go
- Sync files across your desktop and all your devices
- Open files from Drive with other apps installed on your device
- Star your most important files to easily find them later
Get Google Drive for Free at the App Store.
Originally posted 2012-06-28 21:39:57.