According to AllThingsD, Apple has confirmed today that iOS 5 has a few bugs that affect the battery life of iOS devices. Shortly after revealing that information Apple made a pre-released version of iOS 5.0.1 available to developers to remedy the battery issues.
Apple also activated multitasking gestures for the original iPad in the beta version of iOS 5.0.1. The gestures were also in the beta version of iOS 5 but Apple did not include them in the final release. Hopefully, the gestures will be included when iOS 5.0.1 is made available to the public within the next few weeks.
iOS 5.0.1 beta contains improvements and other bug fixes including:
– Fixes bugs affecting battery life
– Adds Multitasking Gestures for original iPad
– Resolves bugs with Documents in the Cloud
– Improves voice recognition for Australian users using dictation
– Contains security improvements
The software update also fixes the iPad 2 Smart Cover security flaw we wrote about a few weeks ago.
One other thing to note is Apple also issued iTunes 10.5.1 bets 2 to developers that adds support for iTunes Match on Apple TV.