iPhone & iPad apps stuck waiting, not downloading
When downloading, updating or syncing apps to an iDevice on an iPhone 6, apps may occasionally get stuck waiting and never finish installing on the iPhone. Even with the latest update on iOS 9.2.1, this error would appear sometimes.
First, give the app enough time to download and make sure it’s actually stuck before proceeding. Most apps download within a few minutes over Wi-Fi but if you are downloading or updating several apps this could take much longer depending on the size of apps and the speed of your internet connection.
Also, if you are downloading or updating apps over Wi-Fi or 3G make sure the problem is not with your data connection before proceeding.
Restarting iOS 9.2.1 iPhone Devices
The easiest way to clear up apps that are stuck waiting is a Restart.
To Restart or Reboot your iPad air, iPhone or iPad touch;
- Press an hold the Sleep/Wake button (top right corner) until the red slider appears.
- Slide your finger to turn off the device.
- Give it a minute to shut down, then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
This will sometimes clear up apps that have difficulty installing but if that did not resolve your problem then keep reading.
Video tutorial on fixing Apps stuck on waiting
Download and Sync Apps With iTunes
- The next method will require you to plug you device into your computer and open iTunes.
If you were installing a new app that is not on your computer, you should be able to download the app without being charged. Make sure you are signed in with the same account that made the purchase. When you locate the app in the iTunes Store, you should see “install” or “Downloaded” instead of a price. Download the app or apps to iTunes on your computer.
- Select your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch under Devices on the left.
- Click the Apps tab and check “Sync Apps”.
- Select the apps you want to sync in the left-hand column. You can select all apps by clicking on an app checkbox while holding down the Control key on Windows or the Command key on Mac OS X.
- Sync to transfer the apps you selected to your device.
Remove and Reinstall Apps from iTune
Hopefully your problem has already been resolved by this point but here’s one more method that should certainly clear up the issue. I have saved this for last since it is the most time consuming. The length of time will depend on the number of apps you sync to the device.
- Uncheck “Sync Apps” from the same screen we were using above and sync the device. This will remove all the apps on the device.
- After the device has finished syncing check “Sync Apps” again.
- Select the apps you want to install and sync the device.
Make sure you’re running the latest iTunes Version. Click on Help and click on Check for Update
Do you have enough space on the iPhone/iPad?
Sometimes your iPhone 6 is out of storage space. When your iPhone is full on storage, you won’t be able to download any more apps. You can fix this by uninstalling apps that you don’t use. Goto General -> Storage and iCloud Usage. As you can see some apps are much bigger in term of size. The bigger they are, the longer it will take depending on your Wi-Fi Speed.
Updating iTunes to the latest
Try downloading other Apps
If the apps you’re downloading is stuck, try downloading other apps to see if it is stuck too. Some apps will download just fine and others will just not download. Download some of the most popular apps like Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, angry birds, Geometry Dash and Spotify Music to test is it just that app problem.
Resetting iPhone settings
Go Tap on Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset All Settings
This will reset the default setting for the iPhone, it won’t delete photos and other media.
If the above trick doesn’t work out, try reseting your internet setting.
Tap on Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Setttings
FAQ to Fix App Stuck/Freeze
What iOS Version are you running? Are you running the latest version 9.2 or an older version? Is the app compatibility with your iOS? Requires iOS 7.0 or later for some apps to be install. Can your app be upgrade to the newest version? Is your Wi-Fi internet working? Are you using cellular data to download the App?
Leave a Comment below, if the problem isn’t fix(Give detail on the Apps/iOS Version(iOS 9.2.1 or iOS 8?)) or the method that fixed your problems.