Thanks to a team of talented and hardworking developers, iOS users can now jailbreak almost any iOS device that is running iOS 6 – iOS 6.1. The jailbreak is called Evasion and it’s incredibly easy to install.
Evasion is not only the first untethered jailbreak for iOS 6, but it is also the first time a public jailbreak has been released for the iPhone 5.
Here are some important notes to read before installing the jailbreak.
- Backup your device using iTunes (or iCloud) before using evasi0n. If something breaks, you’ll always be able to recover your data.
- Please disable the lock passcode of your iOS device before using evasi0n. It can cause issues.
- Avoid all iOS and iTunes related tasks until evasi0n is complete. Why not just enjoy a brief break from the computer to stretch your legs?
- If the process gets stuck somewhere, it’s safe to restart the program, reboot the device (if necessary by holding down Power and Home until it shuts down), and rerun the process.
- If you get an error on OS X 10.8 saying that evasi0n can’t be opened, control-click (or right-click) the app and on the revealed context menu, choose ‘Open.’ On the ensuing dialogue box, choose ‘Open’ as well.
Step 1. You will need to visit evasi0n.com on your Mac or Windows computer and download the software for your operating system.
Step 2. After you have downloaded the Evasion software, open the application and plug your iOS device into the computer (quit iTunes if it’s open).
Step 3. Evasion should recognize your device, once it does click on jailbreak.
Step 4. After a few minutes you will be prompted to turn on your iOS device and tap the Evasion icon on the screen. Wait for the jailbreak tool to tell you when to do this.
Step 5. The process should complete on your iOS device and when it’s finished Cydia should be installed.