How to Install a Untethered Jailbreak for iPad iOS 4.2.1 On a Mac
Finally, after a couple of months since the release of iOS 4.2.1 we have a untethered jailbreak for the iPad.
It did take longer than expected but thanks to the Chronic Dev-Team we now have Greenpois0n, a untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.2.1.
This tutorial explains how to jailbreak your iPad iOS 4.2.1 using a Mac, click here to view the Windows tutorial.
Before you get started you should plug your iPad into the computer and sync your iPad ( If your iPad is already Jailbroken, restore it in iTunes before using Greenpois0n). Then, quit iTunes and turn off your iPad.
- You can download Greenpois0n from here or go to the website http://www.greenpois0n.com.
Save the file to your desktop when prompted.
- Double click the file to extract it and click on the Greenpois0n icon.
- Click the Jailbreak button and follow the instructions. This will put your iPad in DFU mode.
- Click the Complete button after Greenpois0n has finished installing. This will exit the computer application.
- You should see some text scrolling on your iPad. After the iPad restarts, you will have a loader icon on your iPad.
- Tap on the loader icon then select and install Cydia.
- Once Cydia has installed, you can remove the loader app. You should now have a untethered jailbroken iPad.
- You can sync your iPad to reinstall your iPad content.