There are a couple of ways to remove photos from the iPad.
First, I will cover how to delete photos saved from the iPad. Since there’s not a camera on the iPad yet, these can be photos saved from a web page, email or a screenshot.
To delete photos saved on the ipad;
- Open the photos to be deleted.
- Tap the arrow in the upper right corner.
- Select the photos you wish to delete and tap delete.
This is also a good way to copy or email multiple photos.
Managing Photos With iTunes
Photos synced from iTunes will need to be removed from iTunes.
The method above will not work for these photos and if it did, they would only reappear when the device is synced.
Managing your photos on the iPad can be done easily from iTunes. To get started plug the iPad into your computer and open iTunes.
- Select the iPad on the left of the screen under devices.
- Select “Photos” on the top right.
- Make sure “Sync Photos” is checked.
- Click on “Selected albums, events and faces”.
- Check the albums, events or faces desired and sync your iPad.
Now, only the selected folders should appear on your iPad. You can also create a new folder on your computer, move the photos you want to show on your iPad into that folder and just check the newly created folder.
To remove individual photos from the folders;
Locate the folder on your computer and move or delete the photos from the selected folder before you sync the device.