Have you ever wanted to get free apps, music, videos or iBooks from Apple without a credit card?
Maybe you’ve purchased a iPad, iPod Touch or iPhone for a child, grandchild, niece, nephew or for anyone that dosen’t have a credit card. I’m sure there are lot’s of people who purchase these devices for themselves, but don’t have a credit card.
Apple will allow you to get free content without a credit card. This can be done on a computer or any iOS device.
Here we will cover how to get free apps, music, videos and etc., without a credit card from a iPad but the same thing can be done from a iPhone or iPod Touch.
- Go to the App Store on your iPad and find a free app that you want. Tap on “Free” and then tap “Install App”. You should get a popup, tap “Create New Account”.
- Next, you will need to select your country and agree to the terms of service.
- Enter your email, password, question and answer and date of birth. After the information is entered tap next.
- Now you will get another screen asking for a credit card, Visa is the default, tap on Visa and scroll down to “None.” After selecting none, fill in the rest of the required information and tap next.
- You are almost done, Apple will send a email to the email address you provided, all you need to do is verify the email address.
Note: You must use the App Store, not iTunes.
Once it’s been verified, you can go to the App Store and get all the free apps you want. You will be asked to sign in to get your first app. This account will also be able to get free music, videos, iBooks, podcast, etc.
Update: Several of our readers have pointed out that the “None” option is not showing up in countries outside the USA. If you do not see this option for your country you can enter United States as your country (in step 2) and you should see it.
You can also purchase a iTunes gift card from an Apple Store, BestBuy, Walmart and several other retailers. The gift cards can be used to purchase paid content with the same account that you use to get your free content.
Another option for getting apps without a credit card is to jailbreak the device and you can get many of the paid apps for free. However, jailbreaking may void your warranty and downloading these apps illegally is not recommended.
This can also be done using iTunes on your computer. Here is a step by step tutorial. There is a Paypal payment option available on the computer version that option is missing from the iPad.