You can easily establish a SSH connection between your iPad and a PC to view and change files on the iPad.
SSH or Secure Shell is a program to log into another computer over a wireless network, to execute commands and to move files from one machine to another. It provides strong authentication and secure communications over insecure channels.
To access the files on an iPad, you need a jailbroken iPad and the iPad needs to be connected to a common wireless network. If you already have a jailbroken iPad and a WiFi connection then proceed with the following steps.
- Open Cydia and install OpenSSH. Then, reboot the iPad.
- Now, download and install WinSCP for Windows on your PC.
- Open WinSCP and enter the following information.
- iPads IP address in the host name field. Here is how to find the IP address.
- Username: root
- Password: alpine
- SFTP should be selected by default
You should now have established a secure connection between your iPad and PC.
WinSCP on your Windows will look something like this.